The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- BRIO World - Remote Control Travel Train
- Funko Pop Gamma Glow Hulk Avenger's Age of Ultron(Glow in the Dark)ORIGINAL BOX
- GALAXY COMMANDERS COMMANDER CEASAR SOFUBI SOFT VINYL TOY FIGURE SKULLMARK
- Corgi Sepecat Jaguar GR.1A Limited Edition Plane 185145 40
- NZG 255 Mercedes Benz O405 Linienbus Bus Omnibus 1 50
- Altaya Ixo Presse 1 43 - Bus Car Autocar ZIS 154 Russie 1946
- Special Viking Model (H0) Unimog u 406 with Snow Plough Lambertsen
- White Box WBR017 MITSUB.LANCER EVO V N.1 WINNER AUSTRALIA 1998 MAKINEN-MANNISENM
- Dinky Toys 513 1 43 Opel Admiral KAD A bluemetallic 60er Jahre guter Zustand
- C'SM 1 76 Scale V111B - Leyland Victory Mk2 Hong Kong Bus R53 Caltex
- Minichamps 400061182 Porsche 911 (996) Coupe Baujahr 1998 in yellow 1 43
- GAZ 47 GT-S All-terrain khaki 1954 SSM 3003 1 43
- Hpi-racing 1 43 Jaguar R XJR-9 Plain color White w Shizuoka Hobby Show Plate
- HOT WHEELS JAPANESE LOT OF 4 1970 CHEVELLE SS VARIATIONS IN gold & blueE JAPAN
- Lansdowne Models 1 43 Scale LDM67 - 1949 50 Humber Super Snipe MkIII - Gunmetal
- Autoart 70186 - 1 18 Alfa Romeo 4C (2013) - Composite Model 3 Openings - Red
- Sturmtiger - 1 48 Military Series Model Kit - Tamiya 32591
- Trudi 82839 19 x 29 x 10 cm Metal Xylophone with Activity Mouse
- Alfa Romeo 33.2 Special Pininfarina 1969 Red Aiq Scale Models 1 18 AIQ001R
- Fiat Allis FL 10-B Laderaupe Mini-Auto 1 24 OVP
- Artitec 6870203 Kraka Sanitäts-ausführung Esercito Tedesco Modello Finito
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport